Megan and Matt get MARRIED!!

Photo : Urszula Muntean
My sister's wedding and surrounding days were filled with so much love, joy, and fun - I don't know if I will do it justice. But, here goes...

Several days before the wedding, family members starting arriving in Ottawa. I drove up from Montreal, my brother and uncle flew in from the UK, even my brother's girlfriend came from the Netherlands! It was pretty exciting as it is quite rare for so many of our family members to be together  - it felt like the holidays, in a way.

A couple days before, Megan, my mum and I went to Renu Spa to get mani/pedis and were able to calm down some pre-wedding jitters reading magazines and getting pampered (cupcakes included :).

The day before, we brought our uncle to Megan's place to visit her home and went for a walk along the Ottawa River...

...we thought we would give a go ourselves...


...the gift from Matt's work colleagues.


The night before, Matt's family hosted a rehearsal dinner (no rehearsing involved, just good food :)


The wedding day itself was too good for words, so I will let the pictures show for themselves (wedding photos by Urszula Muntean) :



Lucky guy ;)

Ceremony and reception at The Mill

Flowers by Bloomfields, decoration by my mum


Dancing to a live band <3
As this is a breakfast blog, I will add, the next morning, my parents hosted a brunch for the wedding party at The Ottawa Tennis and Lawn Bowling Club, helpful to sop-up all that good beer from the Mill!

Leftover Suzy-Q

Congratulations Megan and Matt! Your wedding was a total success and I wish a lifetime of happiness together xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts