Vacation photos - Devon

The next part of our trip was in the southwest, to visit my mum's parents.

Highlights from Devon include :

...Participating in an episode of Antiques Roadshow in Exeter and watching an item get evaluated at £25,000 (!) (just under 42 000$);

This man was exceptionally good at politely telling this women her item was worthless...

Said valuable item being evaluated in right of photo.
...Walking around the village at dusk followed by joining in on quiz night at the local pub (team Crazy Canuks shamefully walked out after the second round!);

The church where my parents and grandparents were married


...Taking in the sea air at Teignmouth, gambling away our 2p's on the pier, and treating ourselves to a 99;

Back Beach, Teignmouth

The train tracks are so close to the sea, I heard once it is one of the most repaired sections of railway in the UK

Clotted cream ice cream = pure joy
...Laughing at my Nana's hilarious old Devonshire sayings. When making our cooked breakfast, she looked out the window one morning and announced that there "wasn't enough blue sky to make a sailor a pair of trousers." Oh Nana, I love you.


Quince's growing on my Grandad's shed


On that note, I must love you and leave you, as my Nana would say. xx

Comments

Popular Posts