Megan's Bachelorette / Pressed Cafe

Earlier this year, Antoine and I were watching the planes take off at the airport in Montreal when I got a phone call from my sister. At first I panicked, I thought something was wrong until I heard... "so... we're engaged!" as she beamed down the phone line. It was as though I could feel her grinning from ear to ear even though we were 200 km away. My reaction was to do a little happy dance in the parking lot amidst some curious onlookers. A lot of excitement, planning, and some stressful moments pursued until we were a week away from the wedding and ready to celebrate her bachelorette!


We started with a little wine & cheese at Geneviève's, one of the bridesmaids' place...

Delicious zucchini cupcakes made by the hostess on the right, recipe here
Megan was looking beautiful after having done her trial wedding makeup from Third Avenue Spa... not to mention the addition of the customary tiara and sash ;-)


Things got a bit silly after a round of "How well does she know the groom?" (luckily Megan knew him quite well), as well as getting dressed up in recycled denim tank tops that she and a friend found at a clothing swap!


Seeing as Megan met her husband-to-be as a result of a bus strike, I found it fitting she need to take the bus to our next destination, dinner at Play food & wine

Looking glam on the OC Transpo :)
Dinner was only the beginning of the night, as we went bar hopping in the market afterwards. The night, which included duelling pianos and an entire bar serenading Megan to Sweet Caroline, was full of good times, as Neil Diamond would say. 

All smiles before din dins 
The next morning, as Megan was texting me about her "wicked headache," I was having a waffle brunch in Chinatown at Pressed with a few good friends (I may have had somewhat of a headache myself!). There was one called the Hangover, but I really didn't feel as though I could stomach poutine on a waffle...

Florentine - Wilted Swiss chard, poached eggs, house-made hollandaise  

Huevos Rancheros - Fried eggs, house-smoked salsa, black bean, guacamole and smoky BBQ sauce


Megan, it was so much fun to celebrate your last night out as a single lady. You have some great friends that made the night extra special. Love you long time, xx.

Comments

Popular Posts