Hoppy Easter!

This year for Easter, my parents came to Montreal for the weekend. We enjoyed many walks in the spring sun and long leisurely meals at various cafes and restaurants. To top it all off, we had them over for breakfast and decided to test out the new waffle machine I was given as a gift for my birthday (Thanks Jennie and Celeste!!).


I made this batter for the waffles and topped them with this mixed berry sauce, as well as some yogurt, maple syrup AND a homemade caramel sauce a friend of mine made. To balance out all this sweetness, we got some smoked ham and emmental cheese from the Fromentier, Antoine made a "trois pousses" salad (sunflower, buckwheat and green pea shoots), and I made some fried potatoes.

Afterwards, we were able to gather around the computer and skype with my grandparents in Devon (thanks to my Aunt who set it up at their end!) and wish them a Happy Easter.

Hope you all had a wonderful long weekend. xo

Comments

Popular Posts