Megan ran a marathon

That's right, my sister is now officially a marathoner!  

Earlier this year, Megan announced to us that she had signed up with Team in Training to run the Toronto Waterfront Marathon.  And so ensued weeks of early morning and after-work practices in addition to organizing/participating in several fundraising events very impressive Meg! :)

On the day of the race, Megan's boyfriend Matt, my parents, Antoine and I all stationed ourselves strategically around the course to support her along the way. 

Antoine and I went to kilometers 1, 5, 31 & 34
After seeing her at the start and at the 5km mark, Antoine and I hopped on the tram to the Beaches where we ate a local diner before cheering her on at the 31km mark.

Yes, we did feel particularly gluttonous at this time...

The entire route, she looked great and was smiling every time we saw her - what a champ.

By the day of the marathon, she was the top individual fund collector of all the 'TNT'-ers.  Congratulations Megan, you're an inspiration to me!! xoxo

Meg and I with the sign I made for her

p.s.  If you would like to make a donation, you can do so here.

Comments

Popular Posts